Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sweet Corn Pudding (Kuih Jagung Manis)

I was craving for the taste of sweet corn and I remember I used to have them in desserts. So I went searching for desserts that uses sweet corn and found this:
http://spicehunt.wordpress.com/2008/11/30/kuih-kastard-jagungcorn-custard/

I followed the simple steps described and made the pudding. The ingredients I applied were different in amount though. This is what I used:
1 cup of Custard powder
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of fresh Milk
1 can of Del Monte corn kernel (cream style)
A pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups of water

I mixed the sugar, custard powder, salt, milk and water in a big bowl until the sugar and the powder dissolved instead of putting them in a mixer. I poured the mixture in a pot and stirring it slowly until it boiled. After a while, the mixture thickened indicating that it was time to stop cooking. The corn were added into the mixture and stirred until they were well-mixed together. The final product were left in a tray to cool down and set before it was shoved into the fridge. (If the final mixture is too thick, i recommend that you put in more water or milk so that when it sets, the surface will look smoother)

Less than 20 minutes of work and the end result was fantastic. I highly recommend this for dessert lovers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    any idea what is the measurement of "1 cup" in terms of ml or grams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a measuring cup "cup" so I am not too sure. I did a google on the net and found this, hope it helps:
    http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cooking-conversions/gram-conversions.aspx

    ReplyDelete